Question: how is a region extracted?

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 24 23:18:39 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:24:20AM +0200, PD Dr. M. Weihrauch wrote:
> @Benjamin: Would you consider to integrate the SZI format into
> OpenSlide? I have all the technical specifications as well as some
> simple libraries / functions to quickly access slides from it.

In general, I think it makes sense to support formats that are natively
produced by some scanner (i.e., not as an export format).  It's not
completely clear from the Microscopes International website: is SZI the
MXII's native output format?

Since there's an open pull request for another Deep Zoom-based format, the
right approach is probably to get that PR merged and then abstract out the
pieces that will be useful for both drivers.