Sakura VisionTek .svslide

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 13 01:54:27 EST 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 08:57:11PM +0100, Yves Sucaet via openslide-users wrote:
> It's my understanding that Sakura offered its own sample set of SVSlide
> files to download. [...] It would be useful to incorporate that sample
> set into the OpenSlide reference dataset, too.

It would be useful, but Sakura would first need to release the files under a
license that allows modification and redistribution.  Otherwise, if anyone
has access to a Sakura scanner and would be willing to provide sample files
under such a license, we'll gladly accept contributions once we're able to
do so.

> Benjamin Gilbert is still working on redoing the OpenSlide repo, so stay
> tuned for that.
>
> @Benjamin: feel free to provide an update here :-)

To be clear, what I'm working on redoing is our process for accepting
contributions of slide data.  I'll make an announcement when the new process
is ready to go, but it'll be a while yet.