help

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 26 03:40:09 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 02:08:25PM +0330, Ramin Nateghi via openslide-users wrote:
> I am trying to use openslide in my android studio project.  I added the
> openslide.jar file in my project but I have error.  How I can use
> openslide library in android?

Currently this is not practical, for two reasons:

- OpenSlide Java requires OpenSlide.  OpenSlide requires, directly or
indirectly, 14 other native libraries.  All of these libraries, as well as
OpenSlide Java's JNI glue, would need to be compiled for Android using the
Android NDK.

- OpenSlide Java uses AWT and Swing classes that are not available on
Android.  To run on Android, OpenSlide Java would need to be ported to the
Android graphics library.