Mac user FAQ?

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 26 03:19:54 EDT 2016

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 07:24:13PM +0000, Carlson, Mark A via openslide-users wrote:
> I am looking for a FAQ list for Mac users...  searched for one, nothing
> came up.  Need very basic info that hopefully will tell me which
> compressed file of OpenSlide to download & any other critical info...

We don't currently have a FAQ.  The best way to install OpenSlide on a Mac
is via MacPorts or Homebrew; see the sample commands here:

    http://openslide.org/download/#distribution-packages

> Is the Users List Archive searchable?  Could not see a search function on
> that page.

You can use the search box at the top of the OpenSlide website to search the
website, mailing lists, issue trackers, and wiki.  If you only want to see
mailing list messages, you can use the tabs at the top of the results page
to restrict your search.