MPP question

j.hudecek at nki.nl j.hudecek at nki.nl
Thu Aug 18 11:40:59 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm using openseadragon with scalebar plugin to display digital pathology slides from a Hamamatsu scanner with a scale bar. I've converted them from .ndpi files with VIPS (which uses OpenSlide I believe).
How should I initialize the mpp (microns per pixel) in OpenSeaDragon using the openslide.mpp-x from the vips-properties.xml? I tried multiplying the number (0.2271) by 1 million (seemed like a good guess) but I'm still off by a factor of 20 or so. Are the number of levels somehow involved? There is 10 of them.

Regards,
Jan Hudecek