[WinError 127] ("The specified procedure could not be found.")

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 14 01:09:08 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 09:35:58AM +0200, Kai Wiechen via openslide-users wrote:
> I have already tried dependency walker and there are a lot of missing
> api-ms-win*.dll errors.

As I understand it, those are false positives in Dependency Walker.

> And I have tried to build the python bindings by myself, but this seems to
> have a visual c++ v10 dependency.  Is it possible to switch to visual
> studio 2013 or 2015?

The required version of Visual Studio is dictated by the version of Python
you're using.  Python 3.3 and 3.4 require Visual Studio 2010, and 3.5
requires Visual Studio 2015.  You can also run
`setup.py --without-performance install` to install without the C extension
module so you don't need Visual Studio at all.  The bindings will be slower
but everything should still work.