Where can I find guidance on setting up an openslide dynamic tile server?

Rogers, David W drogers at fredhutch.org
Sat Sep 19 18:01:21 EDT 2015

Thank you Benjamin, I'll start there.

David

--
David W. Rogers
Software Developer / Collaborative Data Services / 206.667.7089 / drogers at fredhutch.org / Fred Hutch / Cures Start Here

-----Original Message-----
From: openslide-users-bounces+drogers=fredhutch.org at lists.andrew.cmu.edu [mailto:openslide-users-bounces+drogers=fredhutch.org at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of Benjamin Gilbert
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 7:53 PM
To: openslide-users at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: Where can I find guidance on setting up an openslide dynamic tile server?

On 09/18/2015 02:21 PM, Rogers, David W wrote:
> Where can I find guidance on setting up an openslide dynamic tile
> server? I would prefer to stay in Windows Server Land, since I have more
> experience there.

Hi David,

Take a look at deepzoom_server.py and deepzoom_multiserver.py in the
OpenSlide Python distribution.  They're intended as examples rather than
complete applications, but are good enough for simple uses.  For testing
purposes, you should just be able to install OpenSlide and OpenSlide
Python (see http://openslide.org/docs/windows/) and run one of those
scripts from the command line.

If you're looking to run them in production, we don't have actually have
a lot of documentation.  There are a couple pages on the OpenSlide wiki
that may help you.  Also, they're pretty ordinary Flask WSGI
applications, so there should be plenty of deployment advice on the web.
  (I usually run WSGI apps in gunicorn behind an nginx reverse proxy.
The gunicorn documentation has reasonably good instructions for setting
this up.)