How to serve MIRAX to OpenSeadragon

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 21 18:01:20 EST 2015

On 01/21/2015 05:37 PM, Dave Jackson wrote:
> I haven't been able to figure out how to serve MIRAX slides in such a
> way that OpenSeadragon can load and view them.
>
> Can you please point me to code or let me know how to do this?

Hi Dave,

OpenSlide Python has a module for generating Deep Zoom tiles, plus some
example programs that use it to serve to OpenSeadragon.  Take a look at
deepzoom_server.py and deepzoom_multiserver.py in the
"examples/deepzoom" directory.

If you want to pregenerate a complete Deep Zoom tree, rather than
generating individual tiles as they are requested by clients, there is
also deepzoom_tile.py.  We use a version of this to build the demo site,
but I don't recommend it for most users; the VIPS dzsave command is
faster and produces a better-quality result.  If you use dzsave with
MIRAX slides, you will want to look at the autocrop option.