A portable OpenSlide viewer for Windows: Smart Zoom Viewer

Josef Bauer josef.bauer at precipoint.de
Tue Dec 1 09:12:01 EST 2015

Dear OpenSlide Community,

I am following this discussion very closely, because the file format of the
PreciPoint M8 SlideScanner (*.vmic) is based on DeepZoom image pyramids in
a zip container, too.
We see largely the same advantages mentioned by John Cupitt. Our customers
appreciate the quick and easy way to create static websites out of their
scans.
On the other hand, we test OME TIF (and similar tif file formats) how well
they work with openslide.
Is there a list of available OpenSlide Viewers (like the SmartZoomViewer)
for speed comparison?

Best regards

Josef
__________________________________

*Josef Bauer *(Dipl. Ing.(FH))
Geschäftsführung

Tel:  +49 (0)8161 976979-3
Fax: +49 (0)8161 976979-1
Mail: josef.bauer at precipoint.de

*M8 Scanner Demo Units (Product Year 2015) for sale: 16900 <16900> EUR*
__________________________________

PreciPoint GmbH
Alois-Steinecker-Str. 22
85354 Freising bei München