deepzoom level for c openslide library

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 27 23:51:32 EDT 2015

On 04/27/2015 11:11 PM, Dmitry Fedorov wrote:
> Openslide is awesome! We use it in BisQue (web based microscopy
> management, annotation and analysis) and it works like a charm! It was
> probably the easiest library to integrate into our system and have it do
> exactly what we need.

I'm glad it's been useful!

> My novice and simple question is whether you guys have a c++ layer
> similar to deepzoom I could promptly use. Reiterating, I would simply
> want to fetch a tile of a given size at a given resolution level.

We don't have equivalent code in C or C++, though others on this list
might.  You'd have to reimplement or port the Python Deep Zoom code.

> Would Vips library provide that layer?

VIPS has some tools you could use, but I don't think it'll give you what
you need right out of the box.  John could answer this better.