Using open slide in Java Eclipse RCP based application...

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 15 14:51:43 EDT 2014

On 10/13/2014 06:38 AM, Amey wrote:
> I ran the java viewer and it worked well. I have another question
> here. I see that the zoom/pan on the image is not smooth. I want to
> implement smooth animated zoom/pan in my application for these
> images. Is there a plan to support this feature?

Not in the demo viewer, no.  Note that OpenSlide only provides access to
the zoom levels stored in the slide file; it does not synthesize
intermediate levels.  Therefore, a zooming viewer must be able to
downscale the levels returned by OpenSlide to produce whatever
intermediate levels are necessary.  Once your viewer can do this, you
should be able to implement whatever animated pan/zoom functionality you
need.