Zeiss CZI

Yves Sucaet yves.sucaet at usa.net
Sun Nov 16 05:20:55 EST 2014

I can confirm that it *is* an open format. Zeiss has specifications on their
website, and provides a Windows dll to read it (we've incorporated it into our
own software, outside OpenSlide). The CZI format was designed to mimic open
microscopy environment (OME) specifications (http://www.openmicroscopy.org).
It is intended to be maximally compatible with OME tiff and XML data formats,
while maintaining the specifications that are essential to optimizing the use
of Carl Zeiss ZEN software.

See also http://www.zeiss.com/microscopy/en_de/downloads/zen.html

Yves