Openslide Usage

John Stevenson-Hoare John.Stevenson-Hoare at ffei.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 11:20:11 EST 2014

Unfortunately the XML that describes this information is excluded from the slide properties so this makes your job a lot harder. If you know that the image is a Leica SCN file then maybe you could open the file (as a BigTIFF) yourself and read out the ImageDescription tag from the zeroth IFD. This is XML and the <view> element in an <image> defines where the ROI is relative to the origin of the slide overview. This origin is at the top-left of the slide and the offsets and sizes are in nanometres.

Good luck,
John