OpenSlide Java "Cant find dependent libraries"

Kim, Timothy H. timothy.h.kim at nist.gov
Thu May 29 16:24:45 EDT 2014

I am working on a project that uses the OpenSlide API through Java. Using the following commands, I built the native libraries for my windows 64 bit machine.

$ ./build.sh setup /cygdrive/c/Users/thk/Desktop/setup-x86_64.exe
$ ./build.sh -m64 bdist

This created a .zip file, which contains the native libraries. I wrote a simple Java program that created an OpenSlide object referencing an image. However, when the object is initialized, it tries to access the native library "openslide-jni.dll" and gives the error message "Can't find dependent libraries."  The .dll is searching in the same location as where we unzipped the file created from the build.sh script.
Are there any additional libraries that I need to reference other than the ones that were built from the build.sh script?

Regards,
Timothy Kim