openJpeg

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 5 23:57:37 EST 2014

On 03/05/2014 11:17 PM, kristian kvilekval wrote:
> Thanks for the expanded answer..  I tried downgrading to the squeeze
> version on debian libopenjpeg2=1.3+dfsg-4+squeeze2   but no luck.

Oops, I should have mentioned squeeze.  The first affected version in
squeeze is 1.3+dfsg-4+squeeze2.

snapshot.debian.org is useful for finding older package versions.

> In another topic, Anybody know why these packages are listed as libopenjpeg2
> yet have version numbers like 1.3 and 1.5.

The "2" has nothing to do with the package's version number; it's the
numeric portion of the library's soname:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soname

The numeric part of the soname is changed (a so-called "soname bump")
whenever there is a backward-incompatible change to the library ABI.
Debian and Ubuntu include it in the package name to allow multiple
ABI-incompatible versions of a library to be installed in parallel.