openJpeg

David Gutman dagutman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:03:47 EST 2014

So this can be a very annoying issue--- the latest version in the
ubuntu repositories is often NOT the latest dev version... so In the
past I've had to precompile some of the libraries and include my own
copy...

If I can find the instructions I followed to build this I will post them here..

Also depending on which versino of SVS you have, some use different
JPEG compression depending on how the scope was set up.... so it can
be a bit confusing to trouble shoot ....

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:59 PM, kris kvilekval <kris at cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> I have a Aperio SVS that appear to work on the precompiled windows binaries
> while not working on a debian wheezy using openslide backported from sid
>
> apt-get source openslide
> apt-get build-dep libopenslide-dev
> cd openslide-3.4.0
> dpkg-buildpackage  -uc -us -rfakeroot
> cd ..
> dpkg -i libopenslide0_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb  libopenslide-dev_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb
>
> which seemed to work well...
>
> However I am getting the error on some files (not all):
>
> OpenSlideError: OpenJPEG error: Error decoding tile. Component 1 contains only 32768 blocks while component 0 has 65536 blocks
>

> When I checked the version of OpenJPEG, it appears to be the latest available.
>
> # apt-cache policy libopenjpeg2
> libopenjpeg2:
>   Installed: 1.3+dfsg-4.7
>   Candidate: 1.3+dfsg-4.7
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.3+dfsg-4.7 0
>         500 ftp://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
>

> Do the windows binaries use a different version of openJpeg.. has anybody else seen a similar problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

David A Gutman, M.D. Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics
Senior Research Scientist, Center for Comprehensive Informatics
Emory University School of Medicine