openJpeg

kris kvilekval kris at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 5 15:59:35 EST 2014

I have a Aperio SVS that appear to work on the precompiled windows binaries
while not working on a debian wheezy using openslide backported from sid

apt-get source openslide
apt-get build-dep libopenslide-dev
cd openslide-3.4.0
dpkg-buildpackage  -uc -us -rfakeroot
cd ..
dpkg -i libopenslide0_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb  libopenslide-dev_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb

which seemed to work well...

However I am getting the error on some files (not all):

OpenSlideError: OpenJPEG error: Error decoding tile. Component 1 contains only 32768 blocks while component 0 has 65536 blocks

When I checked the version of OpenJPEG, it appears to be the latest available.

# apt-cache policy libopenjpeg2
libopenjpeg2:
  Installed: 1.3+dfsg-4.7
  Candidate: 1.3+dfsg-4.7
  Version table:
 *** 1.3+dfsg-4.7 0
        500 ftp://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages

Do the windows binaries use a different version of openJpeg.. has anybody else seen a similar problem?

Thanks,
Kris