Installing Openslide with Matlab toolbox

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 26 20:43:53 EDT 2014

On 06/26/2014 01:34 PM, Jocelyn Barker wrote:
> Failed to parse type '( deprecated (" Use " " openslide_get_level_count
> " " instead "))) int32_t openslide_get_layer_count ( openslide_t * osr'
> original input '( deprecated (" Use " " openslide_get_level_count " "
> instead "))) int32_t openslide_get_layer_count ( openslide_t * osr '
> Found on line 162 of input from line 422 of file
> /usr/include/openslide/openslide.h
> Error parsing argument for function __attribute__ function may be invalid.

Okay, MATLAB seems to be choking on the __attribute__ declarations.  In
openslide-features.h, there are two blocks talking about
OPENSLIDE_DEPRECATED and OPENSLIDE_DEPRECATED_FOR.  Replace those with:

#define OPENSLIDE_DEPRECATED()
#define OPENSLIDE_DEPRECATED_FOR(f) OPENSLIDE_DEPRECATED()

and try again.  Please try with and without the "libopenslide.so.0"
change in openslide_load_library.m.  I'm trying to narrow down which
things need to be fixed.

Also, what version of MATLAB are you using?