Installing Openslide with Matlab toolbox

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 26 04:57:03 EDT 2014

On 06/25/2014 01:33 AM, Jocelyn Barker wrote:
> I am not sure if the problem is with openslide or the Matlab toolbox,
> but any help would be greatly appreciated.

MATLAB tries to parse openslide.h and appears to be choking on it.
Please try these things, in order, and let us know your results:

1.  In MATLAB, run loadlibrary('libopenslide-0.dll', 'openslide.h',
'mfilename', 'mHeader').  This will fail after writing a file called
"mHeader.m".  Please forward the contents of that file.

2.  Edit /usr/include/openslide/openslide-features.h and remove the
space between '__attribute__' and '((visibility("default")))', then try
openslide_load_library again.

3.  Edit /usr/include/openslide/openslide-features.h and delete
'__attribute__((visibility("default")))', then try
openslide_load_library again.

4.  Steps 2 or 3 may produce a new error about not finding
libopenslide-0.dll.  If so, edit openslide_load_library.m and replace
'libopenslide-0.dll' with 'libopenslide.so.0'.