Decoding error on 33003 J2K compressed SVS file

Yanling Liu vrnova at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:52:57 EDT 2014

Hello,

When trying to use openslide (3.2.4 and 3.4.0) to open a 33003 J2K
compressed SVS file, I have got following error message:

Error decoding tile. Component 1 contains only 32768 blocks while component
0 has 65536 blocks

Looks like a openjpeg error and this is with stock Ubuntu libopenjpeg v1.3
library.

I have tried to compile openslide against the latest openjpeg library v
2.1.0 from http://www.openjpeg.org/. However, there's linkage error:

src/.libs/libopenslide.so: undefined reference to `opj_cio_close'
src/.libs/libopenslide.so: undefined reference to `opj_set_event_mgr'
src/.libs/libopenslide.so: undefined reference to `opj_destroy_decompress'
src/.libs/libopenslide.so: undefined reference to `opj_cio_open'

Tried to run nm libopenjp2.so and did not found these names.

Any thoughts?

Which version of libopenjpeg should I use with openslide?

Thanks,
Yanling