Implementation of a CZI (Zeiss) driver

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 12 23:54:01 EDT 2014

On 06/12/2014 08:08 PM, Adam Goode wrote:
> Regarding JPEG XR: this library looks extremely promising, though it
> would need to get shared library (and probably pkg-config) support.
> Then I suspect it would be packagable in Fedora.
>
> https://jxrlib.codeplex.com/

Hmm.  JPEG XR is supported by ImageMagick, which calls out to jxrlib's
command-line programs, and FreeImage >= 3.16, which bundles it (and just
about everything else, it seems).  Neither Fedora nor Debian are
packaging 3.16 yet.  FreeImage is GPLv2/GPLv3/"FreeImage Public
License", which Fedora spells "MPLv1.0":

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/legal/2013-October/002271.html

We should probably just use libjxr directly, though we might need to
make it an optional dependency for a while.  It's already packaged in
Debian jessie and Ubuntu >= saucy.  (Hi Mathieu!)