Examination Slide Viewer

David Gutman dagutman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 14:22:05 EST 2014

Jim---  check out  http://cancer.digitalslidearchive.net

I am hoping to at some point in the future release a version that will
allow many of the features you are requesting as well... but not sure of
the timeline on that (largely based on me finding some funding to tweak the
current interface)

dg

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Jim Fishback <Jfishbac at kumc.edu> wrote:

>  I have run into a problem that Aperio can’t or won’t help me solve. I
> would like to be able to put a virtual slide (or a smaller extract) into an
> exam document (either XML or HTML), then have the student open it in a web
> viewer. In order to test their knowledge of histopathology, I would then
> like them to click on pre-identified “hotspots” that demonstrate they know
> what they are looking at. I currently use SnagIt routinely for generating
> static jpeg image hotspots, but nobody seems to have a similar program that
> will work with svs files. Does anyone know of any such program or
> capability?
>

> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>

> Best,
>

> James L. Fishback, M.D.
>
> Professor, Pathology and Lab Medicine
>
> Curriculum Director, Continuing Education and Professional Development
>
> University of Kansas, School of Medicine
>
> 3901 Rainbow Boulevard
>
> Kansas City, KS 66160
>
> 913 588 4499
>
> jfishbac at kumc.edu

David A Gutman, M.D. Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Informatics
Senior Research Scientist, Center for Comprehensive Informatics
Emory University School of Medicine