openslide jp2000 slides

Yves Sucaet yves.sucaet at usa.net
Sun Dec 21 03:36:36 EST 2014

Hi Talha,

Is JPEG2000 the "native" format of Omnyx, or is there something more "raw"? If
so, it would be interesting to have both formats (or at least have them in the
OpenSlide repository for future reference).

In the short term: you should check your scanner and see if there is a setting
that lets it produce "regular" JPEG/TIFF-files instead (I know our
Leica/Aperio scanner has this).

As Benjamin indicates (if I understood correctly): making some small tweaks
for TIFF-files would be easier to do than having to come up with full JPEG2000
support. We did this ourselves some time ago for Philips TIFF-files.

Just my two cents,

Yves