CZI: questions about openslide grids

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:43:08 EST 2014

Nicolas,

Pay attention that `DimensionEntries` (§4.4.6 Directory Entry – Schema
DV [Directory Variable length]) may contains arbitrary positions. I've
looked at a couple of CZI samples posted previously on the list, and
there is a small jitter of 10/15% around the exact (perfect) position.

Just to clarify, I've uploaded the points extracted from a slide from
Niels Werner Mortensen here, you'll understand what I mean:

http://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/35314/computing-average-tile-size-grid

I am not sure there is a structure in openslide which map those points
(with jitter) back to a tile index (or vice versa).

Good luck anyway,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM, SOUEDET Nicolas 215310
<nicolas.souedet at cea.fr> wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> Many thanks for your reply, I did not know that it was possible to set tile_w and tile_h to 0.
> I hope this will be sufficient.
>
> Nicolas Souedet

Mathieu