Looking for Dicom-145 sample files

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 6 00:27:16 EDT 2014

On 08/05/2014 04:20 AM, John Stevenson-Hoare wrote:
> The utility uses the OpenSlide library, and as it has been used for a
> viewer that I also developed (sorry, but I cannot make this available to
> you) and I needed that to be able to open the DICOM images that I had
> converted (and from other sources), I modified the sources to allow me
> to do this. In due diligence I have made available the modified
> OpenSlide sources.

Thanks for doing that.  Note that you will also need to distribute the
complete corresponding sources for the LGPL dependencies such as glib
and cairo, even if you have not changed them.

(Also, for future reference, "make dist" is the preferred way to build
source packages.)

> The sources include a new vendor driver ‘nema’ chosen as this is the
> body that oversees changes to the DICOM standard.

Nice!  For the record, your changes appear to be on top of commit aefab002.

FYI, openslide_t objects can receive concurrent read requests on
multiple threads.  Your driver is not thread-safe because it reuses the
file handle to the slide file.  Drivers usually avoid this problem by
opening a new file handle to the slide file at the beginning of every
read request.  In your case, you can replace most of read_image_tile()
with a call to _openslide_jpeg_read().