slidedeck.py gives image-not-found or no-module-named-flask error

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 15:13:31 EDT 2013

On 27 March 2013 08:53,  <jcupitt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mail me if you have any problems with it.

To follow up my own post: Andrew had problems saving to other file
formats. I wrote this in a reply to him off-list, I'm reposting here
for references.

---
Use vips format (.v) for instant open and (fairly) fast pan and zoom
with no image size limits. It is uncompressed though, so it'll chew up
a lot of disc space, probably 10gb for your image. Also, no other
package can read it, so it's no good for image exchange. I'd remove
the alpha channel before saving as vips (click Image / Band / Delete,
delete 1 band starting from band 3).

Use tiled (not strip) jpeg-compressed tiff for modest file size, instant open,
excellent portability, few size limits. Zooming out will be slow, but
faster than .svs.

JPEG uses 16-bit ints for width and height, so no dimension can go
over 65536 pixels. This caused your problems with jpeg and
jpeg-compressed strip tiff.

I must get around to adding pyramid support to nip2. It used to
support it, but I disabled it temporarily a few years ago while
hacking on something and never reimplemented it.
---

John