Dicom sup.145 Leica files

Alvaro Gonzalez agonzalez at kanteron.com
Mon Mar 25 14:54:04 EDT 2013

Good evening,

Thanks to the help of Thomas Rousvoal, who uses a Leica SCN400, we have
a pair of slides scanned both in SCN and "Leica DICOM 145" (I'll name it
that way as I still don't know how near to the DICOM specs is) format.

You can download them from:

http://dicom.gonzalezcrespo.es/leica/

The DICOM format came as a directory with several files, and the scn as
one file. I compressed each one individually as a tar.gz file. I don't
think you'll have problems with that format as most OS and compression
software will deal correctly with it. If you are on windows and have any
problem uncompressing them, I recommend you 7-Zip, it's an open source
nice substitute for your regular WinZIP or WinRAR tools.

Once uncompressed, I quote Thomas himself:

    To open those DICOM, install the viewer, in the open file message
    box, select the DICOM instead of scn, and select the DICOMDIR file
    in the first level of the directory.
    On the smallest slide, One area is scanned at 20x, In the other, one
    area is scanned at 20x, and another at 40x.

Thanks all, hope it's helpful for everybody.