SVS Label removal

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 13 02:38:20 EST 2013

On 12/12/2013 02:04 PM, Mat Balazsi wrote:
> I was hoping to use openslide to access the label data, and overwrite
> the label data to a random color. However, it looks like the library
> only supports reading functionality to associated images.

Hi Matthew,

OpenSlide does not provide any functionality at all for modifying slide
files.

> Is there any danger in over-writing this data?

I'm not aware of any; the SVS documentation states that the label is
optional.  It should be as simple as finding the TIFF directory for the
label, overwriting its image strips with zeros, and removing the
directory from the linked list of TIFF directories.