SVS Label removal

Mat Balazsi matthew.balazsi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:04:11 EST 2013

Hello all,

I am looking for an efficient way of stripping the label from SVS files.
The current method is to "copy" the entire file to a new location while
omitting the label. However this is very inefficient.

I was hoping to use openslide to access the label data, and overwrite the
label data to a random color. However, it looks like the library only
supports reading functionality to associated images. Is there any danger in
over-writing this data?

Does anyone have any experience with label stripping in SVS files?

regards,
Matthew Balazsi

MENG - Computer Engineering
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada