Ventana BIF file format support

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 23 17:10:50 EDT 2013

On 08/22/2013 03:59 AM, Yves Sucaet wrote:
> We've been able to partly decipher the Ventana BIF format, however we
> have a problem figuring out the final tile stitching data. We'd be quite
> willing to contribute our code to OpenSlide, if somebody would be able
> to continue working on it and figure out the stitching. We have some
> technical understanding on what kind of information is contained in the
> BIF-files as well, for those interested.

Hi Yves,

BIF is on my to-do list.  Actually, BIF was part of the motivation for
the cleanup work: the TIFF ops backend couldn't handle irregular tile
positions.

Your contributions are welcome, of course.  If you'd be willing to write
up what you've learned about the format, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,