unreadable mirax file

Yves Sucaet sucaet at histogenex.com
Fri Aug 9 09:55:07 EDT 2013

Hi list,

For comparison's sake, these are our settings. We have two MRXS scanners:

* Version 1.12.25.1 (Windows XP):

JPEG 80%
Fine focus frequency: 5
Coarse focus frequency: 9
stitching: on
Brightfield compensation: off

* Version 2 (Windows 7):

JPEG 80%
Interpolated focus distance: 15

From:   "Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Weihrauch" <martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de>
To:     openslide-users at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Date:   09-08-13 09:10
Subject:        Re: unreadable mirax file
Sent by:
openslide-users-bounces+sucaet=histogenex.com at lists.andrew.cmu.edu

Benjamin:

Here are the properties of the MIRAX-scanner that was used in the lab,
which produced the errors in openslide:

Scanner: Panoramic 250
Software-Version: 1.15

Picture Settings:
JPEG 80%
Interpolate focus distance: 10
Stitching: on
Brightfield Compensation: off

Martin

Am 06.08.2013 05:16, schrieb Benjamin Gilbert:
> On 08/05/2013 04:43 AM, Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Weihrauch wrote:
>> John was so nice to post this file here. I have more images from the
>> same scanner that seem to have the same problem, I uploaded one more
>> image (appr. 300 MB) here:
>>
>> http://www.smartinmedia.com/stuff/A12.zip
> Same problem, same value (1253).  Odd.
>
>> I asked the lab, which scanner, which software version and what
settings
>> they use and will post this as soon as I have it
> Thanks.
>
> I've committed a fix:
>
>      https://github.com/openslide/openslide/commit/54561528
>
> --Benjamin Gilbert

Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Martin Weihrauch
Facharzt für Innere Medizin,
Hämatologie und internistische Onkologie
Ärztlicher Geschäftsführer des
MVZ der Uniklinik Köln
50924 Köln
Tel: 0221-47886615
Fax: 0221-47886616

WARNING: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, including privileged and/or health information.  It is for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, use or retention of this email or the information in it, is strictly FORBIDDEN. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately (REPLY this e-mail) and permanently DELETE the related e-mail.  Please be aware that this email and replies to it may be monitored by the sender's company for quality assurance, policy compliance and/or security purposes.