unreadable mirax file

Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Weihrauch martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de
Mon Aug 5 04:43:17 EDT 2013

Hi Benjamin:

John was so nice to post this file here. I have more images from the
same scanner that seem to have the same problem, I uploaded one more
image (appr. 300 MB) here:

http://www.smartinmedia.com/stuff/A12.zip

which you can test.

I asked the lab, which scanner, which software version and what settings
they use and will post this as soon as I have it :)

Thanks a lot

Martin

Am 05.08.2013 01:17, schrieb Benjamin Gilbert:
> On 08/04/2013 04:46 PM, jcupitt at gmail.com wrote:
>> openslide-write-png: A6_1037_HE.mrxs: Cannot read slide position info:
>> Expected first 0 value
> Hi John,
>
> This is just an assertion failure: a padding value* in Index.dat is
> unexpectedly nonzero.  After disabling the offending test
> (openslide-vendor-mirax.c, line 277) the slide seems to open and render
> fine.
>
> Have you encountered this problem with other slides?  Is there anything
> special about the failing slide?
>
> --Benjamin Gilbert
>

> * For hierarchical sections, the value is the number of entries in the
> Index.dat data page.  For non-hierarchical sections, it is always zero,
> even though there is always exactly one entry.  On this slide, only for
> the nonhier section containing the (compressed) tile position map, the
> value is 1253.

Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Martin Weihrauch
Facharzt für Innere Medizin,
Hämatologie und internistische Onkologie
Ärztlicher Geschäftsführer des
MVZ der Uniklinik Köln
50924 Köln
Tel: 0221-47886615