Windows openslide

PD Dr. M. Weihrauch martin.weihrauch at uni-koeln.de
Sun Sep 23 07:31:15 EDT 2012

Dear Openslide-community:

Please excuse my Linux-ignorance. I try to get openslide to run on
Windows and use it with python-scripts like the example
deepzoom_server.py, etc.
Also, I am not very python-experienced (I come from web-development
PHP/javascript, some C, etc), thus I am currently reading into it. I
installed Python27 on Windows and got me the openslide-python-0.4.0
archive as well as the openslide-wind32-20120908 archive.
Now, I tried:
python deepzoom_tile.py
but I received the error "line 25, in <module>... ImportError: no module
named openslide".
I tried to put all the .dll from the windows-distribution in my
C:\Windows\system32 folder, but that also did not change anything. Also
tried "from ctypes import *"...

Can you help?

Thanks

Martin