Information regarding MIRAX v2.2 tile positioning

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 11 14:12:06 EDT 2012

On 09/11/2012 07:54 AM, John Minnie wrote:
> For all of the v1.9 MIRAX slides at my disposal, there is ALWAYS a
> 1-to-1 correlation between the total number of xyp files and xml files,
> supporting the notion of a relationship between the old slide position
> file buffer previously found in the NONHIER section
> “VIMSLIDE_POSITION_BUFFER” and the xml-based scaninfo data.

Right, there clearly is a relationship; see our previous discussion at
[1].  However, due to the low resolution of the *MotorPos attributes, I
doubt that the XML data will be useful.

Have you investigated the StitchingIntensityLayer non-hierarchical
section?  There is evidence[2] that it is significant.

--Benjamin Gilbert

[1]
http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/openslide-users/2012-August/000401.html
[2] https://github.com/openslide/openslide/issues/92#issuecomment-6793307