Building openslide on Ubuntu 12.04

John Minnie jminnie at live.com
Mon Sep 3 00:56:24 EDT 2012

Hi List,

I am perplexed by a configure failure I am getting while trying to build openslide on Linux. I pulled the latest from source control at GitHub on 9/1/2012. The openslide configure script thinks it cannot find the OpenJPEG dependency, even though it is located in the path that I specify in CFLAGS. The config.log file is attached showing the configure failure. What baffles me is that the OpenJPEG library compiled without trouble, but when trying to build a trivial C program that #include's openjpeg.h, then it fails.

The absolutely standard C constructs 'size_t' and 'FILE' are supposedly not defined! I am probably staring the problem right in the face, but any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,
John