Web deployment question

Bob Seifert seifert.md at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:53:45 EDT 2012

Wow, this is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks, Benjamin.

I still need a bit of hand holding as this isn't my area of expertise
and I have not run a web server in 5-6 years:

If I am hosting this through AMPPS on windows, I place the slidedeck
app folder into \www.

For pointing the python app to the folder with slides do I edit line 30:
SLIDE_DIR = '.'
of slidedeck.py to read the directory that contains my slides?  If so
how do I express this?
'/www/slidedeck/slides' ?

Also when I load up the index.html through AMPPS via localhost/slidedeck/ I get

{% for entry in root_dir.children recursive %}

And all the other {% %} statements.  So I imagine I set things up
incorrectly. I'm really showing my inexperience here!

A bit more guidance would be appreciated if you have the time, thanks
again for putting this together.

Bob Seifert