Web deployment question

Bob Seifert seifert.md at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:34:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm a resident pathologist at the University of South Florida and I'm
looking to set up a small OpenSlide and OpenSeaDragon webserver to
handle weekly cases for review.

All we have available to act as a host is a Windows 7 desktop.  In
fact we are still struggling to get IT to let us use it as a server,
but that is a different problem.

I wanted to know how to deploy OpenSlide and OpenSeaDragon on this
desktop and I'm struggling to find documentation on the subject
online.  Where do the whole slide image files go?  Simple questions, I
realize but this isn't my area of expertise.

I was planning on building an interface using an IDE called "Tersus"
which is a visual programming language that I have some familiarity
with (tersus.com). But I can use XAMPP for windows to host OpenSlide
and OpenSeaDragon if need be.

I have very minimal programming experience, which makes this even more
challenging.

Thanks in advance and thank you for making such a neat piece of open
source software.

Bob Seifert, M.D.
Resident
Dept. of Pathology and Cell Biology
University of South Florida College of Medicine