NDPI format support in OpenSlide - are there any forecasts?

Benjamin Gilbert (OpenSlide) bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Oct 7 23:57:07 EDT 2012

On Sun, October 7, 2012 7:41 pm, toto sugito wrote:
> This is my NDPI report (code and debug image). I have success to read all
> NDPI header data.

Your code appears to be a lightly modified version of openslide-tiffdump.c
with our copyright statements removed and your name added.  Since you have
also unnecessarily renamed functions, reordered functions, changed the
indentation, etc., it's not clear to me what was changed or why.

If you want to have your changes accepted into OpenSlide, you need to
create a Git branch -- based on OpenSlide master -- containing a series of
small commits that each accomplish exactly one thing.  I can't merge your
changes if I can't understand them.

> Are you want to extract the image in NDPI to other image format or the
> code must reading the the image without extracting that ?

OpenSlide renders decoded image data to a Cairo surface.  You should be
able to use the existing JPEG backend (openslide-ops-jpeg.c) to do this.