NDPI format and NDPITools

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:21:30 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Alvaro Gonzalez <agonzalez at kanteron.com> wrote:
[...]
> We are using for that means NDPITools [1] , that's opensource (although
> I don't see any link providing source on their webpage), works mostly
> fine and it does even extract Z Levels.
>
> Problem is it does only one thing: extracting images. AFAIK, no metadata
> is provided so it's of little help for our PACS importing software, and
> we don't get the scanning power or MPPs por creating ROIs later.
>
> Have any of you some contact with this proyect or their source so it
> could merge with Openslide, and/or any way of extracting metadata from
> NDPI files?
>
> 1.- http://www.imnc.in2p3.fr/pagesperso/deroulers/software/ndpitools/

This is the first time I see a so-called open-source project with no source...

I do not quite understand what they are doing. I have not been able to
get any answer so far if this is really open-source:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2012/09/msg00069.html

we (debian-med) would be interested if you ever get answer.

thanks,
--
Mathieu