Instructions for using Openslide with VIPS?

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 29 14:39:35 EST 2012

On 11/29/2012 12:16 PM, Chris Alley wrote:
> C:\Users\My PC>vips openslideload 'z:\prostate 1.mrxs"
> slide.tiff:jpeg,tile 0 3
> possible actions:
>        list - list classes|packages|all|package-name|operation-name
>        cpph - generate headers for C++ binding
>        cppc - generate bodies for C++ binding
>       links - generate links for vips/bin
> <operation> - execute named vips operation
> vips: unknown action "openslideload"

I gather you're working from the wiki page?

     https://github.com/openslide/openslide/wiki/OpenSlideAndVIPS

Note that for the JPEG case, the command you want is actually "vips
im_extract_bands [...]".  But it also appears that your copy of VIPS
doesn't have OpenSlide support.  What version of VIPS are you using, and
where did you get it?