install question

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 30 15:26:32 EDT 2012

On 03/29/2012 11:13 PM, David Gutman wrote:
> AttributeError: /usr/local/lib/libopenslide.so.0: undefined symbol:
> openslide_get_level_count

The Git version of OpenSlide introduces some new functions that are
already being used by the Git version of OpenSlide Python.  You will
need to install OpenSlide from Git.

> Also.. when I tried to pull directly using git pull ...(git clone
> git://github.com/openslide/openslide.git
> )  there was no ./configure script included .... the only way I could
> build was by pulling the tarball directly.

configure scripts are typically not checked into source repositories.
Projects will often provide an autogen.sh or bootstrap.sh script to
generate configure and related files.  If neither is present, as with
OpenSlide, you can generate configure by running "autoreconf -i".  You
will need Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool installed.