Zeiss ZVI file format support development for OpenSlide

Alexandre Kharlamov kharlamovalexandre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:05:27 EDT 2012

Greetings!

Thanks for quick replies!

I looked at Philippe's files (btw, can we put them on the Benjamin's
website as examples?), and
they actually have 4 grayscale layers! Plus, I also learned that colors
representing them on the
combined image can be chosen randomly. There is one problem though: as
in the examples I
already have, those images' sizes are not big, only 1388x1040, which
does not allow me to see
how a real full-slide image would be stored. Nevertheless, it's an
important insight into what we
are dealing with in terms of data stored inside the zvi file format. One
question though: what's
up with all those Original_Metadata files? Where did they come from? Are
these files converted
from another format?

Best regards,

-Alexandre Kharlamov