Installation: can't find OpenJPEG

Andrew Packer andrew at cogitant.co.nz
Tue Feb 28 03:50:21 EST 2012

Hello all, please forgive the newbie question (and probably more to come).

I'm hoping to use OpenSlide as an alternative to Aperio's ImageScope for
viewing Aperio .svs format digitised pathology slides.  ImageScope
requires Windows, and I try to run a Windows-free household.  I've been
a Linuxer for nearly ten years, although for the last six months I've
been struggling with Mac OS X 10.7.

I've downloaded OpenSlide 3.2.5 to my Mac and have extracted it into
/Users/<me>/openslide-3.2.5.  When I try to run ./configure, I get the
error, "configure: error: cannot find OpenJPEG".

I installed OpenJPEG into a subfolder of /opt, but even when I've copied
it to the openslide-3.2.5 folder I get the same error.

Where do I need to copy OpenJPEG?  Or can I just create a symbolic link,
but if so, where?

Or have I committed a more fundamental stuff-up, and if so, what do I do?

TIA,

=====Andrew