VMU / no MapFile

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:21:55 EST 2012

Dear all,

  I have just received a new Hamamatsu vmu file that openslide fails
to read. It does not contains no MapFile.

$ cat XX\ YYY2012\ Z1207701.vmu
[Uncompressed Virtual Microscope Specimen]
NoLayers=1
LayerSpacing=0
LayerOffset=0
ImageFile(0)=XX YYY2012 Z1207701.raw
MapFile=
[...]

As a side note the error message is a little obscure, since
g_key_file_get_string() return an empty string and then:

  if (tmp) {
    char *map_filename = g_build_filename(dirname, tmp, NULL);

Simply try to feed a directory name into _openslide_hash_file...

What is this map file for ? Is there way for me to read this file ?
The raw file /seems/ to be really a /raw/ file, ie the file size match
PixelWidth * PixelHeight * BitsPerPixel/8

Thanks for suggestions,
--
Mathieu