Looking for Dicom-145 sample files

Yves Sucaet sucaet at histogenex.com
Tue Aug 7 07:38:37 EDT 2012

Dear list,

My team is wrapping up support for Leica's SCN format in OpenSlide, so I'm
looking for our next hurdle to tackle.

 As CAP is embracing Dicom-145, it seems that this would be a good
candidate for the next format to be added to OpenSlide. More info about
this can be found e.g. at
http://blog.aperio.com/2010/08/dicom-supplement-145-approved-whole-slide-microscopic-images.html
. Actual specs can be found at
ftp://medical.nema.org/MEDICAL/Dicom/Final/sup145_ft.pdf . I'm not finding
recent updates on this though. Has Workgroup 26 met already this year? Not
according to http://medical.nema.org/DICOM/minutes/WG-26/. Then again,
DPA-2012 is on their calendar and I definitely plan on attending their
meetings (which are public).

I'm looking for sample Dicom-145 images, which are elusive to me so far.
Plenty of CT, ultrasound et al. data available on various sites, but a
WG26-folder e.g. on ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/DataSets/ doesn't
even exist!

Does anybody know of sample datasets or has any that they'd be willing to
share with me for study?

Thanks in advance,

Yves
--
WARNING: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, including privileged and/or health information.  It is for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, use or retention of this email or the information in it, is strictly FORBIDDEN. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately (REPLY this e-mail) and permanently DELETE the related e-mail.  Please be aware that this email and replies to it may be monitored by the sender's company for quality assurance, policy compliance and/or security purposes.