OpenSlide debian package

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 2 17:03:03 EDT 2011

On 09/02/2011 05:04 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>    Thanks for your input. I believe they are all now taken into
> account. Quick explanation for the repackaging. When I saw the
> valgrind.h copy within openslide, I thought I could just remove it and
> compile openslide against a system installed valgrind. However
> valgrind is not available on all platform debian supports. Therefore I
> decided to simply skip the test (anyway the test needs valid dataset
> to run).

Hi Mathieu,

I can understand removing callgrind.h and valgrind.h at *build* time for
the reasons you mentioned.  However, in my understanding of Debian,
repacking the original source is a last resort, primarily used for DFSG
issues.  Thus my question.

Also, I think your openslide_soname.patch is now redundant?

>    Finally I tried writing some man pages for the tools. I would be
> more than happy if people could point to more detailed documentation.
> I used help2man to generate those man pages.

AFAIK there isn't any right now, though they all do fairly
straightforward things.  quickhash-1 is defined here:
http://openslide.org/List%20of%20Known%20Properties/