OpenSlide debian package

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 1 21:36:01 EDT 2011

On 09/01/2011 03:32 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> - is it ok, if I set the SOVERSION to 3.2 for the current 3.2.4
> release ? I am hoping change of minor version does not imply change of
> ABI/API
> - I do not understand what the tools/ subdirectory is good for. I do
> not see any cmakelists.txt which would compile the main() functions.
> Is this an error ?

Hello Mathieu,

Thanks for doing this work!

CMake is currently only used for Windows builds.  Linux builds should
use the Autotools infrastructure, which properly handles the tools/
directory.

The soversion of OpenSlide is currently 0.

A couple other things I noticed in your packaging:

get-orig-source appears to be repacking the original source tarball.
Why is this necessary?

Your -dev package should also include the pkg-config file, openslide.pc.