openslide-java

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:17:48 EDT 2011

On 10/04/2011 03:50 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>    I have a tiny request for you openslide-java admin. Would it be
> possible to cleanup the openslide-java tarball. Keeping around an old
> 1.0.0 release in the same location as 0.9.2 messes up the debian
> version tracker:
>
> $ uscan --verbose
> -- Scanning for watchfiles in .
> -- Found watchfile in ./debian
> -- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
>     http://githubredir.debian.net/github/openslide/openslide-java/ v(.*).tar.gz

Hello Mathieu,

githubredir.debian.net links to the automatically-generated tarballs
Github produces from each Git tag, not the official release tarballs
produced by the project.  These will be different, of course, as the
official tarballs contain e.g. the generated configure script and
Makefile.in's.

Because published Git tags are effectively immutable, the autogenerated
v1.0.0 tarballs cannot be removed.

> Technically I still do not understand where 0.9.2 is coming from. I
> cannot find the git tag on the github repository.

Apparently OpenSlide-Java 0.9.2 was never tagged.  Fixed now.