./configure: line 2039: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:34:44 EST 2011

Hi,

  I am trying to compile openslide directly from github. According to
README one need run ./configure. Since this file is not shipped, I ran
autoconf first. But now I am getting the following error:

./configure: line 2039: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'
./configure: line 2039: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign subdir-objects
1.11.1 dist-xz)'

  Has anyone tried compiling openslide from github ?

Thanks much
--
Mathieu