OpenSlide + Zoomify?

Cooper, Peter Peter.Cooper at ucsf.edu
Wed Jan 26 10:16:11 EST 2011

I am starting an effort to extend OpenSlide to less exotic image formats, such as JPEG. At University of California San Francisco, we are doing molecular diagnostic and immunohistochemical tests, using digital Zeiss images as well as electron microscope .jpg images. We have the desire to place our whole-slide images for a particular patient and biopsy side by side with our other test images, which are not scanned.

Has anyone an interest in extending the image formats supported by Openslide?

Peter Cooper